Metabolic syndrome is closely associated with obesity and knowledgeable scientists think it may approach 50-60% in South Africa and America.
The irony is that only a few people and medical practitioners understand the disease and know the implications.
- Up to 40% of people with metabolic syndrome get heart attacks and strokes.
- Most of them have high blood pressure.
- Most of them will get type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.
- They have a drastic increase in cancers of colon, rectum, pancreas and breasts.
- They are inactive and experience serious exercise intolerance.
- They have a substantial bigger risk of getting Alzheimer disease.
- Substantial bigger risk of getting cancers. (Pancreas, colorectal and breast cancer).
- 100% are totally unaware that they are ill or at increased risk for the most serious medical complications.
What is the Recommended Treatment? Drastic Lifestyle Management.